Sunday 9 October 2011

Probably last car boot and jumble sale of the year

I'm sad! last jumbley and probably last car boot up here......

Jumbley - some of it quite expensive - I know they are raising funds for a good cause but £4 for a wee tiny brooch is going to put people off. My eldest dd spotted a tiny wee game in a box of skittles in the shape of penguins (table top skittles)Lady wanted £2 for it so she offered £1 - got a mouthful about how it was to raise money for a well somewhere in Africa so my naughty dd told her to send them the penquin game! She got it for £1! Its such a shame but they were left with loads of unsold stuff that if they had asked cheaper prices for it would have gone and they would have more funds - seems daft to me!

Anyhoo - I bought....

Single duvet cover - £1 (this is going to make curtains in my new caravan/office
4 cd set classical music - 50p
DVD about Scott of Antartica - 50p - for my dad
4 items clothing for youngest dd - £2
Hardback book - Prettiest villages in Scotland - £1
3 boots for £1

Todays car boot......

Lovely china tray decorated with cats to keep reading glasses on - £1
Pretty wooden box decorated with tea items - £1.50 -to keep teabags in caravan/office
Chrome wall clock - £1.50 - again for van/office
Large bag of tent pegs (rock ones for awnings) - £2
Small pink chinese style wool rug - £2 - again for van/office

My wee gang hut is coming along nicely = all mismatched stuff and its a great place to study in - will get camera out to show work in progress tomorrow.....

5 comments:

  1. Great buys! I love all the things that you are buying for your office.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing isn't it that they want silly amounts for stuff, well they are daft if you ask me. Glad you found some nice stuff.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there just found your blog..will be reading the archive!! I am in sligo Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well. It is silly the prices though. My favourite church sale doubled their prices this year so I did very well the next day at their bag sale. Lots of stuff was left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did very well! Living in London I can't find bargains like that. I love rummaging in boot sales and jumblys - but there's never anything fun around here. Apparently, I need to go to Scotland, STAT. Glad I found you. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete