Wednesday 31 July 2013

Lovely birthday...and books for free

Had a great birthday - ate and drank far too much but hey ho! its only once a year! Downloaded 6 free books for my Kindle - do like something for nothing! Did my first week shopping in a while (lived out of the cupboards last week!) and it was £55 for the three of us - not too bad but we still had fish and chicken in the freezer. Its really difficult when trying to diet as my go-to cheap meals are all fattening and stodgy! Dinners this week are veg curry, fish, chicken stir-fry, macaroni cheese, roast beef (bought slices cos its cheaper) and pasta with chorizo. Saturdays teas are alway something quick and this week its beefburgers for dh and me and dd are trying carrot, cumin and kidney bean burgers from a blog that has really cheap recipes from a blog called a Girl called Jack which I intend to try out.

3 comments:

  1. You won't go far wrong with Jack's recipes, all the ones I've tried have been delicious.

    Free books for the Kindle - I love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a girl called jack, her food is serioulsy yummy and seriously cheap.

    Glad you had a great birthday sometimes you just need to drink too much and eat too much.

    My go to diet food is eggs, there cheap and good for you, brocolli crustless quiche is very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO broccoli crustless quiche sounds really good!Will have to try that one...

    ReplyDelete