Sunday 24 October 2010

Need to knuckle down again......

Just came back from a fab caravan holiday at a Haven site (yes it was cheesey but had a great time anyway) - spent what I had budgeted for and more (long story but caravans we booked had no heating and had to upgrade)so that took a small chunk.
Got back to no food in the house so off we went to our new Tesco extra which only opened a couple of weeks ago. I had a £8 voucher off a £40 shop......
Note to self - never take dd shopping - she had cost me a fortune before we even got to the food department!
I don't know if it was being on holiday and eating all those nice things but my cupboards are full of "goodies" and heaven knows what meals I will be making! This is just what I am trying to avoid - making shopping a day out (even spent £10 in the cafe)It takes a while to settle down after a holiday...
So tomorrow is menu planning day - will see how long I can manage to stretch the food for! Once the goodies run out I intend to have a baking session and the my next foray into food shopping will be an on-line Asda order (found Tesco to be dearer)as real life shopping is just too expensive.
We have discovered a nice but dear butcher - this time got cumberland sausage, steak mince, lemon chicken olives and cooked roast beef cut thick for a dinner to try - cost £20 which seems a lot but if it tastes nice I am willing to pay a bit extra. However, I did notice there were none of the cheaper cuts of meat on display hmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I work in a Haven campsite in the school holidays, cleaning the vans, they are lovely sites usually and I'm glad you had a good holiday, I wouldn't mind going to a Haven holiday myself.

    ReplyDelete