Sunday 29 January 2012

Wee caravan break....

Went to the caravan for a long weekend me and my eldest dd - managed to scrape the money up and have bit the bullet and paid for the full years seasonal pitch. Its nice to have a bolt hole.

We had one cup of tea out at Carlaverock Castle. The castle was £5.50 per adult but I asked if they did a reduction for disability and they only charged £4.40 for dd and I got in free as her carer. So with that, messages and petrol it only cost us £35 each so thats not bad for a long weekend! It did cost my dd £16 for wool - theres a lovely wool shop in Annan and I also bought 5 books for 20p each at a church sale.

We forgot to put the stew in the slow cooker for tea yesterday so put it on overnight - before we left I put it on high for about an hour. Left it in the slow cooker and wrapped it up in towels so we stopped at Langholm on the way home and had a lovely warm stew while sitting by the river watching the birds! Freezing cold but very enjoyable!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have had the chance to get away and keep your bolt hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful get-away. Glad that you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete