Wednesday 2 June 2010

Domestic goddess!

Lovely day today - nice warm wind so done 5 loads of washing! All dried and put away...

Found some interesting peppers and cherry tomatoes at the bottom of my fridge, cut them up with some onion, thyme and drizzled them with olive oil and put the in the oven to roast - will make up some cous cous and that will be the basis of my salads for lunch for the next two days.

At the same time I made and cooked 2 lasagne (1 for tea and 1 to freeze). I made enough white sauce to use for another lasagne later in the month to freeze (might make spinach and mushroom lasagne a la Frugal Queen) I also squeezed in some cherry rock cakes and peanut butter cookies!

This is when I appreciate my new dishwasher - also when I got the kitchen put in I got the electrician to put new sockets in - before we only had 2 for the whole kitchen! so I now have my Magimix on the bench as opposed to at the bottom of a cupboard so I can use it whenever I want - home-made coleslaw to go with the lasagne!

O -and no spending today as I was too busy in the house.....

June housekeeping - £134.27 left
Extra Holiday fund - £100
My allowance I have left - £50
Spent with money paid back - £423.63

1 comment:

  1. My method of avoiding spending is to keep busy. It's amazing what you can do in your own home and just not get bored. Froogs xxxxxxxxxx thanks for the mention

    ReplyDelete