Monday 5 January 2015

Home made butter

I had a carton of double cream lurking at the back of the cupboard - still in date so decided to have a go at making butter - it was so easy and totally delicious! I put the cream and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl and using my trusty hand mixer it took exactly 7 mins to produce some butter! I drained it through an old pillow case and have kept the buttermilk ready for scones etc and was left with a lovely yellow creamy butter. So I have filled up small ramekins and froze it so when anyone fancies lovely crusty bread with soup you cant beat home made butter mmmmmmmm. Next time mind I will add more salt and apparantly to make it spreadable straight from the fridge you can add a wee bit of olive oil so might try that.
Decluttering continues....
3 x beanie hats for a lady with cancer (waiting to be picked up)
3 paperbacks for car boot sale
Ongoing de-clutter total - 19
Money from sales - £3 (sold my iron!)

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know this was possible so I shall be trying it. I have a double cream with today's date on it. Well done with de cluttering. I need to let go of more stuff so will try harder.

    ReplyDelete