Wednesday 15 September 2010

Apple flapjacks and rice pud

Took my parsnip soup to work today and it was fab! Now car sharing - instead of paying £3.70 to get to work it only costs me £1! Will put the money away I am saving into a little fund of my own for a nice treat.....

As requested - the following 2 tried and tested recipes...

Apple Flapjacks

8oz butter (I used cheap block marg!)
8oz sugar
6oz golden syrup
14oz oats
2 apples peeled and chopped

Melt butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved - add oats and apples
Pre-heat oven to Gas 4 (180)
I used my deep brownie pan to make really thick gooey flapjacks - cook for 20 - 25 mins - slice when just out of the oven and leave to cool

Slow cooker rice pudding

3 oz pudding rice
1 1/2 oz sugar
1 1/2 pints milk

Mix - put in slow cooker - usually takes around 4-5 hours - one minute it looks really thin and before you know it it thickens up very quickly!

Housekeeping - £146.24
Holiday - £41
My allowance - £39.80
Entertainment - £17.50
Household - £7.50
Clothes - £60.10

No comments:

Post a Comment