Tuesday 7 September 2010

Food flask experiment and porridge

As I am back to work tomorrow I decided to do a bit of a food flask experiment. I have 2 food flasks - one cost me £12 years ago (thermos) and I just bought a metal one from Asda for £5. Filled both with boiling water this morning and heated up yesterdays lentil soup and filled them both. By lunchtime it will have been 5 hours since I put the soup in so will see how hot it is in both. Luckily, I don't like my soup piping hot but will see which flask comes out best.
And its such horrible weather today that I have reverted back to good old porridge - 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk and 3 minutes in the microwave.....real comfort food!
Off to look in my cupboards to see if I can bake anything before my Asda order arrives (not coming until 4-6pm)

Housekeeping - £108.82
Holiday - £41
My allowance - £39.80
Entertainment - £17.50
Household - £5
Clothes - £51.10

No comments:

Post a Comment