Saturday 16 January 2010

Fripperies

I don't know if there is even such a word but I use it for those little bits to treat myself - I budget a personal allowance for me and OH with which to do as we please - its currently £50 per month. Mine so far this month has gone on a dressing gown, once-a-week latte and a couple of lunches - anything left at the end of the month will be put in a tin and saved up for a bigger treat (like a spa treatment - haven't had one of those in ages!) The dressing gown could have come out of my clothes budget but as I already had one it was a "want not a need" and therefore I have to pay for it myself.

I found when I was really not spending anything at all it all got too much and I would splash out on something really big and unnecessary - doing it this way I get wee treats and it doesn't feel so bad - all in the mind but it works for me!

Jan grocery spend - £168.98
Holiday fund - £50
My allowance - £34.43
Household spend - £72.52

No comments:

Post a Comment