Wednesday 26 May 2010

Nearly a no spend day.....

but fell at the last post.... Had to order a seal for our caravan door on the internet as couldn't get it in our local caravan shop - £27 - a real need as otherwise the rain will start coming in and ruin the floor....

Took a packed lunch into work and didn't buy anything else.

Did another load in the dishwasher last night with Smart price dishwasher tablets - it was a lot dirtier that the first load I tried with them and I have had to put quite a few things back in (including mugs as it didn't take the ring off them) Now I only use a fast wash so it might be that you have to use a hotter wash with these tablets but I think it would cost a lot more in electric just to use cheaper tablets! My quick wash is 40 mins and the normal wash is 1 hour 45 minutes so I think its a false economy having to use a hotter wash with cheaper tablets. I will go back to using Fairy (and only getting it on special offer) I have only had my dishwasher just over a month (got it off Freecycle!) so it will be trial and error until I find stuff I like - never realised how dear dishwasher stuff could be!

May housekeeping - £250 (and £4 into Junes!)
Extra Holiday fund - £50
My allowance I have left - £17.79
Entertainment - £157.70 (really getting out of hand!)
Clothes - £46.50
Household - £33
Spent with money paid back - £423.63

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my blog in your blog list! Your blog is very inspiring! I'd love it if you'd write a blog post about one of the topics on my list in this post http://cleaninguptheclutter.blogspot.com/2010/05/50-best-decluttering-and-cleaning-tips.html.
    Then, I can link to it. I'm trying to get a list of cleaning & organizing tips from other blogging moms.

    Thanks! Barb (Cleaning up the Clutter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to come and look at my blog, we live with no money and have no money to spend. we're doing it to get debt free

    ReplyDelete