Sunday 21 March 2010

Free day out courtesy of National Trust

We had a great day out at Cragside - the first house to be lit by hydro electric down in Northumberland - been there before but didn't have time to go round the whole estate and it was lovely to go back and best of all - it was free! Wish I had heard about the free weekend earlier as could have fitted in another property but hey-ho..

Packed a picnic and flask but OH decided to stop for coffee on the way down and I treated the 3 of us (myself, OH and eldest dd) to a cream tea so spent just under £20 (maybe not totally a free day out then!) I bought my mum a fold-able bag in the National Trust shop 1/2 price for £2.50 as a belated Mothers Day present as I didn't get to see her last week. Gorgeous spring weather really made it a lovely day out.

Then saw an offer for joining the National Trust - its usually £48 for a single person for the year but it was a special offer today of £40. Now I joined a few years ago when there was a cashback deal and free gift of binoculars but let it lapse as there really aren't very many National Trust properties near us. But as we are hopefully going to the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales this year decided to look into it. While talking to the woman about it she said that as my dd was disabled she would get a card to let a carer in free - so basically that's 2 people for the £40 - so I told dd I would go 1/2s and pay £20 and so she joined. As it would have been nearly £13 for each of us today if we had paid we hopefully will get our moneys worth if we visit even just a couple of properties.

March grocery spend - £250 and £60 from Aprils!
Holiday fund - £196.76 ( last hol cost £442)
My allowance I have left - £20.96
Clothes - £8.35
Birthdays - £8.47
Household - £32.46
Entertainment - £90.78
Spent with money paid back - £250.10

No comments:

Post a Comment