Tuesday 16 March 2010

The leaky damn continues....

I knew it - once I had started spending there's no stopping me!

Today off to the B&M shop - wanted new accessories for the sitting room - got a nice picture of green trees for £9 and a tiny slow cooker for the caravan for £9 - spend another £8.41 on bits.....

Then went into Poundstretchers and managed to get a small oil filled radiator (again for the caravan) for £18 and a lovely bathroom mirror for £5.99 (our bathroom mirror was rescued from a skip years ago!!!! - it was grotty then but we were always looking for a smaller one and at long last found one that fits)

Lunch was a couple of Greggs pasties (£2.09)

And finally Tesco on the way home for cold meats and salad for lunches - of course couldnt just by them! Spent a total of £14.68 but that included a new bin for the bathroom but I did use my £5 money card so it cost £4 for the bin and £5.68 for messages.

There is a wee story behind the £5 Tesco gift card....last year while we were on holiday I bought some Finest Tesco BRITISH sausages - much was made on the front about them being British etc. - now I always try and buy British pork after the programme on telly by Jamie Oliver....anyway, the sausages were really nice (pork and black pudding) so for some unknown reason I decided to have a look at the labelling - in teeny tiny letters right at the bottom it had the pork was product of Denmark and the EU! British my bum!!! So I wrote a wee letter stating the sausages were really nice but the label was misleading and got a nice letter of apology back with the gift card!

March grocery spend - £159.46 (budget £250)
Holiday fund - £196.76 ( last hol cost £442)
My allowance I have left - £20.96
Clothes - £8.35
Birthdays - £2.97
Household - £32.46
Entertainment - £70.78
From money paid back - £230.10

No comments:

Post a Comment