Tuesday 9 March 2010

Gardening Tuesday

And yet more money spending!

First went to our local garden centre - was actually looking for a new cover for my dds plastic walk-in greenhouse but no luck - will look on the net.... Simply had to have lunch - I had pot and parsnip soup and eldest dd had bacon, brie & cranberry ciabatta followed by a selection of cakes (5 lovely wee bits of cake and we cut them in two to share!) - my share was £10!. Bought 2 packs of seeds (Night scented stock and some climber for my trellis) £4.49.

Off to my dds to tidy up her pots and plant some seeds - planted peas, beans, 3 type of ornamental grass, sweet peas, poppy (from last years seeds) and 2 type of tomato's. She had bought a pack of seeds from Asda - smart price for asters, marigolds, rudibeckers (not sure about the spelling!) and one other pack for the grand price of £1 for for packs of seeds! Will be dead chuffed if these grow!

It was actually very pleasant sitting outside planting things - the sun shone for a change!

Then popped into Asda to get some salad stuff for my packed lunches and bought a red fleecy jacket for £2.50 and a pack of 5 tea towels for £5 - bought some groceries - £5.52.

March grocery spend - £112.50 (budget £250)
Holiday fund - £196.76 ( last hol cost £442)
My allowance I have left - £27.60
Clothes - £8.35
Birthdays - £2.97
Household - £32.46
Entertainment - £61.78

No comments:

Post a Comment