Tuesday 25 January 2011

Baking

Well was in a good mood cos my driving lessons weren't too harrowing (for me anyway - don't know about my driving instructor!) and got my haircut so decided to bake.

Made - Lemon curd muffins (basic muffin with a dollop of lemon curd in the middle)
Vanilla pound cake (a la Martha Stewart)
Carrot cake (again, a la Martha)

Never made the last 2 before - they are still in the oven as I type so will let you know how they turn out. A grand total of 45 minutes in the kitchen including tidying up after myself and brushing the flour....really, when you think about it this baking lark isnt too time consuming at all - and my family love it when I bake.

I am also wearing a full size pinny I bought of Ebay (99p + £1.89 p&p). At Xmas I borrowed my dds pinny to keep my good clothes clean and now love one - I'm a messy cook and as its cotton I can wipe my hands on it too! Its remarkable how domesticated you feel wearing a pinny!

I also bought a nice fleecy jacket and a top for work from ebay - £12.38

Jan housekeeping left - £10.24
(£50 went into holiday fund)
Spent - my allowance - £50.20
Spent - household - £58.60
Spent - emergency fund - £43.43
Spent - birthday fund - £18.50
Spent - entertainment - £44.40
Spent - clothes - £18.58
Spent - Christmas 2011 - £106.25 (saved - £202.45!)

No comments:

Post a Comment