Sunday 23 January 2011

Starting new houskeeping trial

In the past I have usually stuck to my monthly budget for houskeeping by doing an Asda on-line shop and then weekly top-ups - trying something different and keep out of the shops....

From now on I will be doing a weekly on-line shop delivered on a Mon (cheapest delivery) - this week was a really dear one as I was running out of everything (loo roll, toiletries, soap powder,rice, etc) so I spent a massive £75.28

Weekly menu

Roast Lamb
Shepherds pie
Macaroni cheese
Pork casserole
Sausage and mash
Chicken curry
Hot dog rolls & pud
Brisket
Cold meat, bubble and squeak

Was oh's dgd first birthday yesterday - already bought present in the sales so only had to get a card (£1.50) - had lunch out as a nice treat (haven't been out for lunch with oh for quite a while!) - £10

Jan housekeeping left - £10.24
(£50 went into holiday fund)
Spent - my allowance - £27.20
Spent - household - £58.60
Spent - emergency fund - £43.43
Spent - birthday fund - £18.50
Spent - entertainment - £44.40
Spent - clothes - £6.20
Spent - Christmas 2011 - £106.25 (saved - £202.45!)

No comments:

Post a Comment