Monday 1 February 2010

February is a new month - already spending!

Is there no end to spending???First thing I did was put £50 into the holiday account from my grocery budget - leaving £250 (less what I used from last month!!!)lol - first we did an Asda shop - grand total £48.53.

While we were in there Oh mentioned his mobile was playing up and wanted to look for another one. Bear in mind his mobile has lasted him in the region of over 5 years and cost the princely sum of £10 I really think he got his money worth! Anyway, he got a basic Samsung for £27 on Orange and swapped his sim card over. He only ever really uses it for emergencies (so I do class it as a need not a want)

Then I hit Amazon again.....We have a subscription to Napster-to-go for £15 a month when you can download as much music as you want to your MP3 player (seems quite a lot but you can use it for up to 3 people and me, Oh and youngest dd are all music fans and download quite a bit - works out much cheaper than buying cds...) Anyhoo, there are only certain MP3 players compatible with Napster - Creative Zens are what we use. I have been buying re-conditioned ones but I have now gone through 3 (oh and dd's ones are still going strong!) and have decided enough's enough. Sometimes you have to spend money to save money. Now this, for me, is definitely a need. I get the bus to work and back 3 times a week (20 mins each way) and would crack up without my music. I listen to audio books, take it on holiday to help me sleep - I even listen to it through my Pure radio in the kitchen so I get the music that I like.

So after much humming and hawing....I got a red Sansa Disk Fuze and mains wall charger for £53.

Feb grocery spend - £64.57
Holiday fund - £100
My allowance - £35 left
Savings - £27
Entertainment - £53

No comments:

Post a Comment